Thursday, January 19, 2012

1-19-12

I subbed for 7th grade science today! (Half day woot woot!) At the school I was at, they bring around veggie cups in first hour for the students to eat. I was highly confused by this because I have never even heard of it. The guy bringing them in couldn't understand why I was so confused. He finally just handed me a box. Thankfully the students knew what was happening. They also has microphones that the teacher wears around their neck. Thank goodness for that because I have been sick for 4 days. I coughed a lot.

I got asked some interesting things. "Do you have kids?" "Do you want kids?" "Why are you so white?" "Are you from France?" I especially liked that one. I have no idea where it came from, but I lol-ed.

At one point, I was telling the students to whisper. I made the mistake of saying "I don't care what you are saying, just whisper it." So at an inopportune moment of silence one kid whispers "Ok, I love you" to which the whole class erupts in laughter and has to be quieted down. But it was pretty funny. Several make students said other male students wanted my number to which "nah ah!!!" was usually replied.

A lot of the students knew students that I student taught with and had lots of questions about them. They had also heard about my tirade in one of the classes. Overall, it was a rather enjoyable experience. I laughed a lot which I always enjoy.

No comments: